Re: Ping weird

From: Sumit Dhar (dhar_sumit@yahoo.com)
Date: 03/26/02

Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:55:07 -0500 (EST)
From: Sumit Dhar <dhar_sumit@yahoo.com>
To: Thiago Mello <indio@underprotection.com.br>

Thus Spake Thiago Mello on Mar 23 :

> ping: sendto: Operation not permitted
> I know that sound stupid, but im would
> like to know...

What I would like you to do is login as root and see if you can still
run the command. What might have happened is that you *might* have
removed the setuid bit from the ping program.

Can you post the output of ls -la /bin/ping ??

Regards
Manager, Business Development and Products,
SLMsoft.com

--
Key fingerprint = 1C7E AACF 1EFC 1592 F18F  5121 AB9E 9995 E45B 7464

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." [Gandalf in LOTR]