IDS

From: Pavel Lozhkin (pavel@atrivo.com)
Date: 03/12/02

Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:53:22 +0300
From: Pavel Lozhkin <pavel@atrivo.com>
To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

Hi !

Could one recommend me a IDS, such as snort, but designed for switched
network.
I looked at ettercap, but it does not fully meet my needs, i need
non-interactive IDS, not a collector, if the snort were working in
switched network environment, it would be enough for me.

Thanks for any advise.

--
Pavel
Information Security Officer & IT Auditor

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IDS is dead, etc
    ... is there any way to make the quality of data coming out of the IDS ... I'm working on just such a program/product called RNA (Real-time Network ... on the Sourcefire web site. ... > to see an snort Ethereal plugin as I regularly take a raw packet dump of our ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: New to Snort !!!
    ... There's really two schools of thought on where to place an IDS, ... are coming through your edge and into your "trusted" network, ... Snort 2.0 Intrusion Detection or Snort 2.1 Intrusion detection Second ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Open Source IDS Solution?
    ... > and I would like to know what GOOD and RELIABLE Open Source IDS are out ... IDS-sensors (Snort as network sensor, ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: about mirroring port
    ... setting up a snort-based IDS on your switch. ... snort IDS, to slow down the network traffic. ... > Subject: about mirroring port ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Value of "richer" signatures?
    ... Snort, Dragon, and NFR, and I can tell you that they ... Here's an example of how the newer IDS signatures help ... Let's say you are using a simple packet grepping IDS ... > an FTP connection). ...
    (Focus-IDS)