VPN and Cisco +IIOP question

From: Maxime Rapaille (maxime.rapaille@nbb.be)
Date: 03/08/02

From: "Maxime Rapaille" <maxime.rapaille@nbb.be>
To: "'Security-Basics (E-mail)'" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 09:02:40 +0100

Dear listmembers,

2 questions on this great list : (And I already made search on google..
Hopefully on the right way.)

first one, Do you have any experience with VPN client (Software) compatible
with the Cisco IPsec VPN?
I already found the Cisco client itself, but we would like to have a panel
of product, in order to make a better choice.
I found Also the PGP VPN client, but not 100% sure he is compatible. Is the
Windows 2000 IPsec compatible ?
Any experience, link, feed-back, products info is really appreciated.

Second question is concerning the IIOP protocol.
Does some of you know a firewall/proxy, capable of handling this protocol ?
I know Firewall just know it, but does not proxy nor analyse it (like he
does for HTTP, SMTP, FTP).
I read about Gauntlet Firewall, but was no more able to find a paper or
precise Doc about it. Any other idea? Proposal, Links...?

Thanks a lot for all positive feed-back.

Have a great week-end all.

Regards,

Max.

Maxime Rapaille
Data Security Management
National Bank of Belgium
Mail : maxime.rapaille@nbb.be

Visit our website! http://www.nbb.be

"DISCLAIMER: The content of this e-mail message does not constitute a commitment of the National Bank of Belgium (NBB) except where provided for in a written agreement between you and the NBB or where confirmed with a written form approved according to the internal regulations of the NBB.
Besides, the statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are those of the author of the message and do not necessarily represent those of the NBB.
The e-mail message contains proprietary information intended for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on any part of this e-mail message."

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ipfw, NAT and CISCO IPSec VPNs
    ... is working tickety-boo, but I'm trying to tweak my firewall rules (ipfw, ... CISCO IPSec-based VPN client on a local machine to connect to a remote ... connected a simple Linksys router device to replace my FreeBSD router ... I then tried to do away with OpenBSD's pf, and I tried IPFILTER (IPF) ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: VPN USERS - Question For Mark Renoden and Phillip Windell
    ... >> I know is not intended to have both interfaces in the same subnet but ... The Firewall ans SecureNAT Service require a properly ... By default, PIX ... The VPN Client must use Split-Tunneling in this case and ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Firewall Admin Needed!
    ... Position: CISCO FIREWALL ADMIN ... Installation and administration of the following firewall server ... and installation of the following VPN client technologies:(Symantec VPN ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Firewall Blocking when off
    ... I have no other firewall software. ... The program is Nortel VPN Client v4_15. ... Banner Display box with security information. ... I am able to run the VPN CLient. ...
  • Re: XP Home Edition, VPN connectivity
    ... We are using the Cisco VPN client 3.6.3.B-k9 With a Cisco firewall/vpn ... I don't think the user is using the firewall setting in XP. ... >> I am attempting to set up VPN connectivity for a remote user to our ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)