Re: apache being bombarded

From: dhar@dexponet.com
Date: 03/08/02

Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 04:41:28 -0500 (EST)
From: dhar@dexponet.com
To: datasoftvsp@sify.com

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 datasoftvsp@sify.com wrote:

> one of my apache servers is being bombarded by some IPs (in different

There was a discussion about this some time back. One thing you might
want to try out is Early Bird.
http://www.treachery.net/~jdyson/earlybird/

Regards
Dhar

--
Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.

pub 1024D/7AB2D05A 2002-02-24 Sumit Dhar (Sumit Dhar, SLMSoft.com) <dhar@dexponet.com> Key fingerprint = 4A18 D20D 3D15 6C5B CD2F 8E45 B903 0C29 7AB2 D05A

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Desired behaviour of "ifconfig -alias"
    ... > For a set of IPs in the same subnet on the same interface, ... > the primary IP be the one with the proper netmask, ... alias Establish an additional network address for this interface. ... inet 88.198.173.154 netmask 0xfffffff8 broadcast 88.198.173.159 ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Retrieve an element from an array
    ... I'm writing my personal firewall from scratch using bash 2.05b and ... set more restrictive rules for individual ips (but that later as I'll figure ... # The lines below defines the interface of which the firewall will take care ... The problem lies in the way how I do define an array INTIF0INTIP- the ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • SUMMARY: controlling source IP addresses ?
    ... using or seem like coming from while several IPs were configured on the ... NIC that the application was using on the server. ... Marks the logical interface as deprecated. ... The issue I have is that, from an external point of view, connections seem ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Retrieve an element from an array
    ... >> I'm writing my personal firewall from scratch using bash 2.05b and>> iptables...The script I'm attempt to write must set automatically default>> rules for ips, respective interface and network or>> set more restrictive rules for individual ips (but that later as I'll figure>> out how to solve the problem with retrieving an array called by a string ... >> #Number of interfaces to maintain by firewall ... >> # The lines below defines the interface of which the firewall will take care>> of. ... > array with that name. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Two internet connections
    ... I've brought up the interface on one of the ips, ... to the other ip on the other subnet. ... on the router, and I'm wondering how to get this setup to work. ...
    (freebsd-questions)