apache being bombarded

From: datasoftvsp@sify.com
Date: 03/06/02

From: <datasoftvsp@sify.com>
To: "Security-Basics List" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 18:59:47 +0530

Hi gurus
one of my apache servers is being bombarded by some IPs (in different
ranges) trying for a root.exe or cmd.exe. etc.
luckily im on redhat 71. linux.
but the tries frequency is every second from some ip or another.
im running portsentry but portesntry does not log port 80
how do i block them from permanently accessing my server.
BTW ive put that IPs in my /etc/hosts.deny still no joy.

thanks
durga prasad

Relevant Pages

  • Re: apache being bombarded
    ... > one of my apache servers is being bombarded by some IPs (in different ... > im running portsentry but portesntry does not log port 80 ... > BTW ive put that IPs in my /etc/hosts.deny still no joy. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: apache being bombarded
    ... Onderwerp: apache being bombarded ... Hi gurus ... one of my apache servers is being bombarded by some IPs (in different ... BTW ive put that IPs in my /etc/hosts.deny still no joy. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: apache being bombarded
    ... > one of my apache servers is being bombarded by some IPs (in different ... Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: IP ranges used in North America, Hawaii, and Alaska?
    ... the IPs in question had come back as IANA Reserved. ... I have now switched to Linux completely. ... their servers and legitimate IPs, to have anything to do with this Linux ... preventing usrenv from reporting about half the time. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Slow browsing with cable modem
    ... >> This is your GW when using Linux. ... My, erh, comments related to the IPs in the first post where there ... I _think_ the first post inconsistencies were typos mostly, ... and two IP's for hosts is the smallest you can go. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)