RE: Virus Scanner for Sendmail

From: Javier Otero (javier_otero@smartekh.com)
Date: 03/04/02

From: "Javier Otero" <javier_otero@smartekh.com>
To: "'Steve Mancini'" <mancini@europa.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:31:54 -0600

Trend Micro has one.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Steve Mancini [mailto:mancini@europa.com]
Enviado el: viernes, 01 de marzo de 2002 14:33
Para: security-basics@securityfocus.com
Asunto: Virus Scanner for Sendmail

I'm looking for recommendations from folks who are using a virus scanner
with sendmail. (yeah I know about the issues with sendmail - I did not
choose it - I have to just work with it) So while I can agree with
suggestions to move to another mailer, that is not an option at this
point.

So if anyone has good/bad feedback about virus scanners for a mail
server running sendmail, I'd like to hear from you.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Sendmail virus scanner
    ... >> I'm looking for a virus scanner to use under sendmail. ... >> file attachments to block it (not to block emails, ... > You could easily do this with a Perl script. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Virus Scanner for Sendmail
    ... Virus scanner can be implemented into sendmail via AMaViS ... but you have to install scanner first. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Sendmail virus scanner
    ... You could try Amavis which is a nice script to hookup ... Personally I'm using it combined withj postfix and f-prot virusscanner. ... Subject: Sendmail virus scanner ... > I'm looking for a virus scanner to use under sendmail. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Virus Scanner for Sendmail
    ... I'm looking for recommendations from folks who are using a virus scanner ... (yeah I know about the issues with sendmail - I did not ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Virus Scanner for Sendmail
    ... I had a good experience with AVP products. ... Subject: Virus Scanner for Sendmail ... server running sendmail, I'd like to hear from you. ...
    (Security-Basics)