RE: Encryption Basics

From: David Cullen (davidcullen@rogers.com)
Date: 02/28/02

From: "David Cullen" <davidcullen@rogers.com>
To: <cflynn.tech@angelfire.com>, <dominik@code-foundation.de>, "Bill Barrett" <bill_barrett@uhaul.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:35:40 -0500

Hello All,

I agree with "cflynn" that beginners to cryptography are not the target
reading audience for "Applied Cryptography."

Look at "Cryptography Decrypted" by H.X. Mel and Doris Baker
(ISBN:0201616475). I would prefer this book as a beginner (and I did)
because the book doesn't focus on the mathematics of cryptography. It
presents the material in a concise, yet thorough manner and uses
illustrations to visually emphasize the concepts. The material is not
overwhelming to the reader. Once you've mastered the concepts of
"Cryptography Decrypted," you should be ready to tackle "Applied
Cryptography."

Regards,
David

davidcullen@rogers.com