Network and Security help

From: Kirk Ellsworth (kellsworth@hypermall.net)
Date: 02/25/02

From: "Kirk Ellsworth" <kellsworth@hypermall.net>
To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:42:47 -0700

I have a client that is install high speed internet into a few building and
leasing the units out. I am putting a Cisco firewall into the leasing
office, and using a managed Cisco switch as well.

There will be a large amount of units and security from unit to unit is a
concern of mine. Does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to do this?
Do I add a DHCP server to the leasing office or do I let the router assign
IPs? What do I need to consider if I only want the units to reach the WAN
via the T1 router and not have any access what so ever to other units?

Also if I have 10 buildings with leased units in each what would be the best
way to subnet these buildings.

What other mail groups should I send this to?

Anything will help here.

Thanks in advance

ke

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Network and Security help
    ... vlans will help with sme of this...dhcp on each vlan; ... I am putting a Cisco firewall into the leasing ... > Do I add a DHCP server to the leasing office or do I let the router assign ... > way to subnet these buildings. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: HP to get rid of certain office locations
    ... While HP presently owns more real estate than it really needs, and is consolidating staff into fewer buildings where appropriate and then leasing or selling the extra buildings, there's no need for a petition; there are no plans afoot for the ZKO site to go away. ...
    (comp.os.vms)