Re: IDS for Pix Firewall

From: Jörg (JLuttmer@operamail.com)
Date: 02/07/02

Date: 7 Feb 2002 11:46:18 -0000
From: "Jörg" Luttmer <JLuttmer@operamail.com>
To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

> Do you know of a free or cheap IDS solution for the
> Cisco Pix Firewall. I
> don't want to buy their hardware IDS ($$$$).
[...]
> Mathieu

Maybe you can use the IDS for Pix from Cisco. I don't
think that it is free but much cheaper than the
Cisco IDS.

Negativ: It is only a very small IDS and only some Pix
can be upgraded. But you can check it asking you
vendore...

Regards,

/Joerg

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Monitoring Servers
    ... An IDS system on the outside of your PIX is rather pointless (especially if ... it's the "IDS" that comes with the PIX), since you're not seeing what gets ... honeypot inside the network, make sure it's a dark host (has no legitimate ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco Pix-IDS Blocking
    ... You will need a more recent IDS image. ... a change which warranted a matching change on the IDS ... I've recently deployed a Cisco Pix 506 ... >doesn't seem to send the shun commands. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Thoughts on the new Cisco ASA 5500 firewalls
    ... From what i know looking PIXen inside and outside, IDS module is packet capture ... > Cisco is marketing the ASA 5500 appliances as PIX, VPN Concentrator, Secure ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Cisco pix IDS feature question
    ... We have cisco pix 515E now we want to turn on the IDS feature to block ... IDS has about 60 signatures for example detecting Fyn scans. ... when those attacks passed before enabling the IDS? ... if its dropped packets and the traffic sure passed throw the ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] Thoughts on the new Cisco ASA 5500 firewalls
    ... Cisco is marketing the ASA 5500 appliances as PIX, VPN Concentrator, Secure ... IDS, and network anti-virus in a single box. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)