RE: about a syslog server

From: Tucker, Jason (JTucker@libertymgt.com)
Date: 02/01/02

From: "Tucker, Jason" <JTucker@libertymgt.com>
To: "'outohere00@yahoo.com'" <outohere00@yahoo.com>, security-basics@securityfocus.com
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 13:38:14 -0500

Check out the Kiwi syslog at http://www.kiwi-enterprises.com

I run it here on a Win2K system and it works great. It has a customizable
set of filters, you should be able to get it to log just about any
combination of levels that you want.

I don't know of any type of rulesets for determining how much space your log
files will take up, but I can tell you I have 10 fairly chatty systems
dumping events into it, and my log files average about 500KB a day.