Re: Secure IM here and now

From: alfie ilkins (
Date: 01/23/02

From: "alfie ilkins" <>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 20:10:13 +0000

>From: "leon" <>

>A few weeks back people were talking about secure Instant Messaging
>clients. I would like to point
>The group to

>Not only does it support your AIM, ICQ, MSN & Yahoo lists, it does
>IRC and it supports
>128 blowfish encryption.

just like to point out that the encryption on trillian works only with AIM
and ICQ elements an only with SecureIM enabled trillian clients.

i only been on this list for less than a week so i should lurk a little
longer before making comments. anyways, not seeing previous posts on secure
IM i don't know if anyone mentioned the plug in for the official ICQ that
comes with PGPi 7.0.3.

  • Re: Distributing user-developed Linux software and licensing issues.
    ... that makes almost uncrackable encryption is no secret, ... In this case being open-source is more secure. ... That can be automated to generate the clients ... > Do open source web servers include the full source to ...
  • Re: Slightly OT - VPN/RWW - your preferences and recommendations?
    ... As Susan said, security is only ever as good as the password so complex, ... > up until there is a secure VPN connection in place. ... > Most secure form of remote access [dial-in is obviously direct to the SBS ... >>> NO local clients - ALL clients will be remotely located with most being ...
  • Re: best way to secure communication?
    ... what's the best way to secure IM-like communication? ... was to run an irc server like ircd-hybrid and use ssl. ... connections between IRC servers. ... clients and severs support TLS and/or SSL. ...
  • Re: subtext search in encrypted text
    ... > * clients access the system by communication with a application server ... both a client certificate and a server certificate. ... How secure is the memory of the phone? ...
  • Re: Draft I: Why You Dont Want to Install Software
    ... Andrew M. Saucci, Jr. ... > make the clients want what I want for them. ... > workstation that's been contaminated with AOL. ... >> It ties in with MS 'Secure by design, secure by default, secure by ...