Re: Securing Access to Cisco Routers

From: Richard Walsh (walsh@missioncriticallinux.com)
Date: 01/08/02

Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 08:59:06 -0500
From: Richard Walsh <walsh@missioncriticallinux.com>
To: leds@darkwater.net

Led Slinger wrote:

> I have been tasked with finding a solution to replace telnet for router
> access to a large group of Cisco Routers. Is SSH available for Cisco
> Routers or does anyone have a preferred solution for doing away with
> the vulnerability associated with telnet and core infrastructure
> components?
>
> Leds....

SSH version 1 tty access has been around since about IOS release 12.2.2
It will require one the the encryption images (a "k" in the feature
section of the release name IIRC) You'll probably need more than the
default memory, depending on what platform you're using. HTH

Rich

--
Richard Walsh
Systems Administrator

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Telnet Security Question for a Router.
    ... SNMP-Server Host, ... Telnet Security Question for a Router. ... >company with about 1000+ routers. ... >use SSH or CISCO TACACS+ to encrypt the entire Telnet session? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Telnet Security Question for a Router.
    ... >We were currently wrote up by our external auditors because we use telnet ... In some cases we use a filtered Telnet ... >company with about 1000+ routers. ... >use SSH or CISCO TACACS+ to encrypt the entire Telnet session? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Securing Access to Cisco Routers
    ... SSH is available on the higher end IOS. ... yadda yadda running on mine at home and it has SSH. ... And telnet is ... Securing Access to Cisco Routers ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Securing Access to Cisco Routers
    ... Securing Access to Cisco Routers ... SSH is available on the higher end IOS. ... And telnet is ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: connecting to a particular wireless router by command line ?
    ... I do it all the time with telnet or SSH to Cisco 340/35/1200 ... wireless routers. ... Also Linksys WRT54G routers with Sveasoft ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)