Securing Access to Cisco Routers

From: Led Slinger (leds@darkwater.net)
Date: 01/07/02

Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:23:08 -0500
From: "Led Slinger" <leds@darkwater.net>
To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

I have been tasked with finding a solution to replace telnet for router
access to a large group of Cisco Routers. Is SSH available for Cisco
Routers or does anyone have a preferred solution for doing away with
the vulnerability associated with telnet and core infrastructure
components?

Leds....

--
There's nothing wrong with Windows until you install it........

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Telnet Security Question for a Router.
    ... SNMP-Server Host, ... Telnet Security Question for a Router. ... >company with about 1000+ routers. ... >use SSH or CISCO TACACS+ to encrypt the entire Telnet session? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Telnet Security Question for a Router.
    ... >We were currently wrote up by our external auditors because we use telnet ... In some cases we use a filtered Telnet ... >company with about 1000+ routers. ... >use SSH or CISCO TACACS+ to encrypt the entire Telnet session? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Securing Access to Cisco Routers
    ... SSH is available on the higher end IOS. ... yadda yadda running on mine at home and it has SSH. ... And telnet is ... Securing Access to Cisco Routers ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Securing Access to Cisco Routers
    ... > I have been tasked with finding a solution to replace telnet for router ... > access to a large group of Cisco Routers. ... Is SSH available for Cisco ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: connecting to a particular wireless router by command line ?
    ... I do it all the time with telnet or SSH to Cisco 340/35/1200 ... wireless routers. ... Also Linksys WRT54G routers with Sveasoft ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)