Re: restrict local users totally

From: Inferi Dii (summanus@hotmail.com)
Date: 01/03/02

From: "Inferi Dii" <summanus@hotmail.com>
To: mandreko@ori.net, security-basics@securityfocus.com
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 12:36:28 -0500

This is possible by using M$ 2000 Server security policies.

Reference www.microsoft.com/technet for details.

-ID

>From: "Matt Andreko" <mandreko@ori.net>
>To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
>Subject: restrict local users totally
>Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 15:10:28 -0500
>
>I am trying to setup a test domain so that I can learn more about active
>directory and such.
>
>I am beginning to get it going. On the domain controller, there won't
>be any local users, because it's a domain controller. However, all the
>workstations connecting to it can have local or domain users.
>
>Is there a way to disable local users on the workstations, to FORCE the
>users to log on to the domain?
>

>--
>Matt Andreko

  • local users and groups
    ... My server which is a domain controller does not have local users and groups ... listed under shared folders in the computer management screen whereas my ...
  • Re: local users and groups
    ... A domain controller has no local users and groups, user accounts, security groups, computers on a domain controller are managed with Active directory users and computers from the administrative tools. ...
  • restrict local users totally
    ... I am trying to setup a test domain so that I can learn more about active ... because it's a domain controller. ... workstations connecting to it can have local or domain users. ... Is there a way to disable local users on the workstations, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Client cant login to domain
    ... Bill McCormick wrote: ... One work around is to add the user to the local users and ... but there MUST be a way to do it from the domain controller. ... ipconfig /all from this workstation & from your DC. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Cannot see Local Usersand Groups under System Tools?
    ... Is this server an Active Directory Domain Controller? ... On domain controllers there are no local users and groups present. ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Security ...