Re: restrict local users totally

From: Inferi Dii (summanus@hotmail.com)
Date: 01/03/02

From: "Inferi Dii" <summanus@hotmail.com>
To: mandreko@ori.net, security-basics@securityfocus.com
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 12:36:28 -0500

This is possible by using M$ 2000 Server security policies.

Reference www.microsoft.com/technet for details.

-ID

>From: "Matt Andreko" <mandreko@ori.net>
>To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
>Subject: restrict local users totally
>Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 15:10:28 -0500
>
>I am trying to setup a test domain so that I can learn more about active
>directory and such.
>
>I am beginning to get it going. On the domain controller, there won't
>be any local users, because it's a domain controller. However, all the
>workstations connecting to it can have local or domain users.
>
>Is there a way to disable local users on the workstations, to FORCE the
>users to log on to the domain?
>

>--
>Matt Andreko

  • local users and groups
    ... My server which is a domain controller does not have local users and groups ... listed under shared folders in the computer management screen whereas my ...
  • Re: local users and groups
    ... A domain controller has no local users and groups, user accounts, security groups, computers on a domain controller are managed with Active directory users and computers from the administrative tools. ...
  • restrict local users totally
    ... I am trying to setup a test domain so that I can learn more about active ... because it's a domain controller. ... workstations connecting to it can have local or domain users. ... Is there a way to disable local users on the workstations, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Client cant login to domain
    ... Bill McCormick wrote: ... One work around is to add the user to the local users and ... but there MUST be a way to do it from the domain controller. ... ipconfig /all from this workstation & from your DC. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Existing SS 2003 adding to New Domain Server.
    ... We have an existing Win Storage Server 2003 running DNS/DHCP/File ... shares for a small office. ... All the users and local users and we have no domain controller. ...