Suggested Firewall (CHEAP TO!)

From: Benjamin (Benjamin@jindog.com)
Date: 12/31/01

Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:09:34 -0600
From: "Benjamin" <Benjamin@jindog.com>
To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

Hi all,

Just thought I would suggest a firewall that I just got done setting up.
It's from http://www.astaro.com . I'm sure some of you have seen it.
It's one of the best I've got seen. You Download the ISO, burn it to a
CD, pop the CD in an empty PC and 10 minutes and a few IP addresses
later you're setting it up via the web interface. I've got it running in
my house with SMTP proxy and a server that is now running 10.x.x.x
addresses only and still hosting web pages using Port Forwarding NAT.
I'm very impressed with it so far. Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks.

Benjamin VH
CCNA, CCDA, MSCE, Watch Guard Cert,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Advice on a firewall distro
    ... and I would rule out anything that *required* a web interface. ... servers behind it provide the 'services' and let the firewall do what he is ... Fewer services means fewer security risks, and as a central connection in the network, it is vital that the firewall machine is not compromised. ... But the heart of the firewall is the iptables setup - when that is correct, the risk to services on the firewall is the same as the risk if these services are on a different server. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Netgear FR114P port 137 packets
    ... Mike wrote: ... >>The router/firewall does have a web interface. ... The firewall says it ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • sshd on IPCop box malfunctioning
    ... predecessors) as their firewall. ... Whilst it appears to be performing its function correctly, ... I still log in to the box locally & also use the web interface to control it. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Mandrake Single Network Firewall 7.2
    ... > Does anybody have any experience of Mandrake Single Network Firewall 7.2 ... > I'm thinking of putting up a firewall to protect a small network and have ... part of the package and can be managed through the web interface. ... view system logs, firewall logs, squid logs, etc from the web interface. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: Looking for SW Firewall
    ... It has web interface for everything, does NAT and a whole bunch of other ... Subject: Looking for SW Firewall ... fwbuilder-2.0.10 Firewall Builder GUI and policy compilers ... libfwbuilder-2.0.10_1 Firewall Builder API ...
    (freebsd-questions)