RE: Has 3des been broken

From: Dante Mercurio (dmercurio@ccgsecurity.com)
Date: 12/26/01

Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 14:23:22 -0500
From: "Dante Mercurio" <dmercurio@ccgsecurity.com>
To: "leon" <leon@inyc.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

3des has not been broken. Check www.distributed.net if you'd like to be
including in any encrytion breaking project they have running. I don't
think they are attempting 3des as of right now, as the theoretical time
it would take to crack it is way beyond any computers that are currently
in existance. I think it's still at something like a million years using
every computer currently made. =)

M. Dante Mercurio, CCNA, MCSE+I, CCSA
Consulting Services Manager
Continental Consulting Group, LLC

www.ccgsecurity.com <http://www.ccgsecurity.com>

dmercurio@ccgsecurity.com <mailto:dmercurio@ccgsecurity.com>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Oy
    ... Leon wrote: ... Many computers in the rural parts of the US are steam driven or gasoline powered. ... but here in Vermont one of the Electric Utilities produces electricity by Cow Power Talk about renewable energy! ...
    (rec.humor.jewish)
  • Re: [opensuse] NFS problems due to dynamic ips
    ... have three computers at home and all are connected to the a switch witch ... All my computers have linux on them. ... IP's witch are dynamic. ... Sounds pretty good, thx for the help. ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: Problems accessing shares between Xp Pro and Xp Home
    ... Finaly it worked with what Steve told me (thx ... > I have one computer with Windows Xp Proffesional and the other with Windows ... Both of the computers have ... > them but when I try to access through the network I get this error msg. ...
  • Re: Question on protocol
    ... it is the truth, the numbers don't lie. ... We also don't have to put it on our computers. ... I believe Leon uses some ...
    (rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata)
  • Re: One reason for losing printer connectivity
    ... Thx for sharing the information with-up. ... The above solution is good if we have 2 or 3 computers and if we know ... the IP addresses which were assigned to the network computers & ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)