RE: ODBC logging via ISS Internet Scanner

From: JC (jchaser@yahoo.com)
Date: 12/21/01

Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 01:35:25 -0800 (PST)
From: JC <jchaser@yahoo.com>
To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

Ok new development I found the perfect tool that does
almost everything for you. check out
http://www.mysqlfront.de a very nice MySQL front end I
might add ;)

JC

--- JC <jchaser@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It seems as though I have found kind of an answer to
> this problem. “ISS ODBC LOGGING”
> Here is a synopsis of the situation: I want ISS
> Internet Scanner version 6.21.2001.320 to log to a
> MySQL server. I have a ODBC connection to this MySQL
> server that I have setup and I have verified that it
> works.
> When I launch ISS click on Tools > Database
> Administration > New DSN > Then either select and
> existing ODBC data source only shows the .mdb data
> source files not the MySQL one. If you do a create
> new
> data source I don't have the opportunity to specify
> the login, password, database, hostname, port # in
> which to use to configure ISS to use MySQL.
>
> I stopped looking around the iss.net site, and
> started
> to look for a solution that would allow me to go
> from
> Access to MySQL. I found out that you can do this
> from
> within Access, but you have to do this table by
> table.
> Click on the table that you want to export and then
> click File > export from the export window scroll to
> the bottom of the list and select ODBC data another
> window will pop up that will ask you the table in
> which you want to export to, then click on the user
> or
> system DSN that you created and click ok. This will
> export the table to the database that you setup in
> the
> ODBC properties. Do note however that I have found
> this to be a one-way street if the table is already
> defined the export fails, so if the table has not
> been
> defined then it will create the table for you
>
> I hope that this little tid bit will possibly help
> any
> of you wishing to accomplish something similar.
>
> JC
>
> --- William Holmberg <bill.holmberg@chrobinson.com>
> wrote:
> > Interesting! I'll pass this on to our guy and see
> if
> > he has more for
> > you, but it sounds like you found a "soft spot"...
> > Best of Luck,
> > Bill

Relevant Pages

  • RE: ODBC logging via ISS Internet Scanner
    ... Here is a synopsis of the situation: I want ISS ... I have a ODBC connection to this MySQL ... > Check out Yahoo! ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: hang with mysql in execute
    ... I've had this happen before with the C mysql lib. ... >>Thanks, Chris ... >>Do you Yahoo!? ... Small Business - Try our new resources site! ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: snort logging in mysql on Debian!
    ... > I am not able to log into mysql. ... > degisiklige ugrayarak ulasmasindan veya gec ulasmasindan, ... The all-new My Yahoo! ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: FBSD 5.2.1-p4 and mysqld problems
    ... Usually freezes once per day. ... Just freezes and I had to kill mysql process ... I now have witness in the kernel...no deadlocks ... >Do you Yahoo!? ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • RE: File not found error
    ... after downloading, issuing a mv or rm command does not ... error: File not found by glob: MySql* ... Check out the new Yahoo! ... unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
    (RedHat)