The Art of Computer Programming [Was: about random numbers generating]

From: jjore@imation.com
Date: 12/17/01

From: jjore@imation.com
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 14:10:29 -0600

I had been under the impression that since TAoCP covers the science more
than any specific implementation (unless you happen to have a MIX machine)
it wouldn't nessessarily be out of date. Does this mean that in fact the
algorithms presented in 'The Art of Computer Programming: Semi-numerical
algorithms Vol 3' are not in fact as sound as there were a few decades
ago?

Joshua b. Jore

"Meritt James" <meritt_james@bah.com>
12/17/01 01:38 PM

        To: Liu Wen <ragent@gnuchina.org>
        cc: security-basics@securityfocus.com
        Subject: Re: about random numbers generating

This is a very big thing in modeling. Check Operations Research sites.

--
James W. Meritt CISSP, CISA
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Which book? Narrowed down to three ...
    ... mjeff1@twcny.rr.com (Jeff Mott) writes: ... > Knuth's The Art of Computer Programming ... > Cormen's Introduction to Algorithms ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Which book? Narrowed down to three ...
    ... Cormen's Introduction to Algorithms ... I'm more in the field of computer programming rather than ... If you have read one of these two I would really value your opinions ... your opinions and criticisms. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Which book? Narrowed down to three ...
    ... > Knuth's The Art of Computer Programming ... > Cormen's Introduction to Algorithms ... > your opinions and criticisms. ... Tarjan's "Data Structures and Network Algorithms" is a must-have, ...
    (comp.programming)