Re: Win2K and Lview.exe -- am I infected?

From: Ryan Hilton (ryanh@seaportpetroleum.com)
Date: 12/15/01

From: Ryan Hilton <ryanh@seaportpetroleum.com>
To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 17:41:37 -0800

I have seen this problem as well on Windows 2000 running LView, it does not
appear that LView, or the version I was running, will work on Win2k. This
was tested on 2 seperate machines with similar configurations as far as
software, one was an 866 and the other was a 1.0 Ghz both with 256 Megs of
RAM and Win2k Professional.

Hope this helps,
RTH

On Monday 10 December 2001 10:03 am, H Carvey wrote:

> >Any idea if I have been infected with something
>
> and what I can do about it?
>
> You have not provided any information to suggest
> that you're infected with anything. You can use
> Task Manager to identify which processes are
> eating up your CPU cycles and memory.
>
> Have you tried running a virus scanner?
>
> Do you have any other information which might
> suggest that you've been infected with something?

                                       Ryan Hilton
                       ryanh@seaportpetroleum.com
                       "No answer is also an answer"

  • Re: Toshiba Satellite 5205-s503 external monitor
    ... How do I use task manager to determine if there is a problem. ... external Memorex dvd I bought. ... Well Windows XP is far smoother for videos then Widnows 2000 is on ... Another thing that helps is more RAM. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Want to "tweak" the system to eke out more overall available RAM
    ... Windows performance tweaking myths, busted ... Windows Desktop Experience - ... This means the OS itself is using up 512MB RAM. ... Looking in Task Manager, I pretty much see the minimum amount of processes ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: short on RAM?
    ... for itself and Windows XP SP2/3 needs 800MB for itself. ... machines I run XP without a swapfile. ... Running either with less RAM, they will still work thanks to virtual ... Task Manager, click on the Performance tab and see for yourself. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • System Properties Memory Incorrect
    ... Control Panel -> System Properties shows ... 384mb RAM, and so does Task Manager. ... Is this a Windows issue or an HP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: very weird
    ... My friend is running a 32bit windows XP Pro ... and he is seeing 5gb of ram when he goes into task manager. ... In reality he has 6gb of ram installed, but seems like windows reserved 1 gb for something else. ...