RE: Squid Proxy

From: Dante Mercurio (dmercurio@ccgsecurity.com)
Date: 12/11/01

Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 00:16:46 -0500
From: "Dante Mercurio" <dmercurio@ccgsecurity.com>
To: "Craig Van Tassle" <craig@ambrosa.dns04.com>, "secuirty-basics" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

squid proxy defaults to port 3128
For a searchable port list try the one on my site:
http://www.ccgsecurity.com

The are probably scaning for open proxies in order to surf anonymously
off you, or looking for an exploit. One recent one can be found here:
http://www.security-focus.com/cgi-bin/vulns-item.pl?section=discussion&i
d=3495

M. Dante Mercurio, CCNA, MCSE+I, CCSA
Consulting Group Manager