Re: bug in ssh2 or secureCRT?

From: Virgo Pärna (virgo@gaiasoft.ee)
Date: 12/11/01

Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:23:39 +0200
From: Virgo Pärna <virgo@gaiasoft.ee>
To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

Liu Wen wrote:

> I am using SecureCRT with SSH in windowsXP, but everytime I press Ctrl-S
> in a session window, it lost response. I have to manually disconnect it
> :(

     Probably not a bug but a feature:) It's a bug, if Ctrl-Q doesn't
continue. Many terminal softwares use Ctrl-S and Ctrl-Q for flow
control.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo@gaiasoft.ee

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Keyboard without Scroll Lock
    ... if you happens to buy a keyboard without the Scroll Lock ... pressing ctrl-s to stop the flow, and ctrl-q to restart it. ... This is basic serial software flow control, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: fsck progress not shown on boot with systemd as pid 1
    ... disable scrolling (I think Andrei said this is possible), ... I said stopped (Ctrl-S / Ctrl-Q). ... Kind regards, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: console unresponsive?
    ... mkirsch1@rochester.rr.com (Mathew Kirsch) writes: ... try ctrl-q to reactive the stopped console ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)