RE:  I NEED HELP!!

From: Richard Sandy (richard.sandy@energis.com)
Date: 12/03/01

From: Richard Sandy <richard.sandy@energis.com>
To: Devon Ryan <dpryan@midway.uchicago.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 10:36:15 -0000

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Devon Ryan wrote:

> > I scanned my homeserver for open ports and I found that I have the
> > ports:
> >
> > 12345 NetBus
> > 20034 NetBus Pro
> > 31337 BackOriffice
> >
> > open. Now, are these the famous trojans? I have linux, aren't they
> > programmed for a MS platform? How can I close these ports????
>
> Something tells me that you're running tripwire...

        Huh? Tripwire doesn't bind to any ports. This makes no sense.

- -Jay

==
More likely they meant port sentry ?
I know you can configure it to listen on Ports in this manner.

=
Richard

Relevant Pages

  • Re:  I NEED HELP!!
    ... ('binary' encoding is not supported, ... box to first verify the results of this external ... scan, and then if the ports are still open, run ... >20034 NetBus Pro ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE:  I NEED HELP!!
    ... did you do the scan over an internet connection, ... ISP's nowadays proxy those ports to stop people from connecting to ... I scanned my homeserver for open ports and I found that I have the ... 20034 NetBus Pro ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE:  I NEED HELP!!
    ... If you have debian and dont have lsof do this: ... I scanned my homeserver for open ports and I found that I have the ... 20034 NetBus Pro ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re:  I NEED HELP!!
    ... >I scanned my homeserver for open ports and I found that I have the ... >20034 NetBus Pro ... As far as I know Netbus nor BackOriffice have been ported ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re:  I NEED HELP!!
    ... On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Devon Ryan wrote: ... >> 20034 NetBus Pro ... >> 31337 BackOriffice ...
    (Security-Basics)