RE: I NEED HELP!!From: Richard Sandy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Previous message: Dante Mercurio: "VPN Presentation"
- Maybe in reply to: Steven Evans: "RE: I NEED HELP!!"
- Next in thread: Devon Ryan: "Re: RE: I NEED HELP!!"
- Reply: Devon Ryan: "Re: RE: I NEED HELP!!"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
From: Richard Sandy <email@example.com> To: Devon Ryan <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 10:36:15 -0000
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Devon Ryan wrote:
> > I scanned my homeserver for open ports and I found that I have the
> > ports:
> > 12345 NetBus
> > 20034 NetBus Pro
> > 31337 BackOriffice
> > open. Now, are these the famous trojans? I have linux, aren't they
> > programmed for a MS platform? How can I close these ports????
> Something tells me that you're running tripwire...
Huh? Tripwire doesn't bind to any ports. This makes no sense.
More likely they meant port sentry ?
I know you can configure it to listen on Ports in this manner.