RE: I have some Questions about SSL/SSH

From: Pradeep Kumar (pradeep.pillai@nexsi.com)
Date: 12/03/01

From: "Pradeep Kumar" <pradeep.pillai@nexsi.com>
To: <sysadmin@fortune800.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 23:18:42 -0800

What you are asking is basic.Get a SSL cert, load on your Server, enable
service 443 on your IIS and you should be in business.This could cost you
arounf $200

If you dont have any server side SSL and still want to give users a 443
connect, you could use:-
-a SSL acceleration device ( e.g Alteons ISD/Rainbow card. etc ).This would
cost you around $20K

I am not sure if you can use a test cert from ssh/verisign/thawte and put it
on a production server. I use the test certs all the time and it works
without issues in my lab. I am a total lab guy and not sure if it is legal
to use the test certs in production machines.