Re: I NEED HELP!!From: Devon Ryan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Previous message: Don Weber: "RE: security tools with email notification"
- Maybe in reply to: nate: "Re: I NEED HELP!!"
- Next in thread: Jay D. Dyson: "Re: I NEED HELP!!"
- Reply: Kutulu: "Re: I NEED HELP!!"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
Message-ID: <3C0744F3.email@example.com> Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 02:36:03 -0600 From: Devon Ryan <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: "R. Toma" <email@example.com> Subject: Re: I NEED HELP!!
R. Toma wrote:
> I scanned my homeserver for open ports and I found that I have the ports:
> 12345 NetBus
> 20034 NetBus Pro
> 31337 BackOriffice
> open. Now, are these the famous trojans? I have linux, aren't they
> programmed for a MS platform? How can I close these ports????
Something tells me that you're running tripwire...or you scanned the
wrong ip :P man netstat to see what process is bound to these ports
(unless GNU/Linux has a tool like FreeBSD's sockstat).
-- Devon Ryan | firstname.lastname@example.org Biology/Neuroscience, Pre-med | http://home.uchicago.edu/~dpryan SG Unix Systems Administrator | email@example.com Max Palevsky RCA | firstname.lastname@example.org