Re: Remote Admin of DMZ

From: Marc Gordon (marcgordon@pharmaspec.com)
Date: 11/20/01

Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 22:06:57 -0800
To: security-basics@securityfocus.com, focus-ms@securityfocus.com
From: Marc Gordon <marcgordon@pharmaspec.com>
Subject: Re: Remote Admin of DMZ

pcAnywhere (10.0) supports encryption.

Or, you can look into SSH which supports port forwarding. SSH creates
the encrypted tunnel for any port(s) for any port you want. See ssh.com
for the commercial version on all platforms. Free versions are available
as well, but check stability of the version you pick.

Marc G.

At 02:17 PM 11/19/01, Matt LYNCH wrote:
>I have been given the task of administering a web server contained within a
>DMZ. I am OK with the admin side of things but would prefer for time reasons
>to be able to remotely administer this machine. I have always used
>PCAnywhere, VNC and the MMC. But I now cannot use these due to the security
>risk. Does anyone else remote admin inside a DMZ and if so how??
>
>All machine are NT 4.0, I use a W2K desktop. (Free would be nice, but I am
>also interested if there are commercial solutions available).
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Matt

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remote Admin of DMZ
    ... Subject: Remote Admin of DMZ ... you can look into SSH which supports port forwarding. ... Does anyone else remote admin inside a DMZ and if so how?? ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Remote Admin of DMZ
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Understanding iptables FC4
    ... >>I thought I knew what I was doing till you mentioned SSH, SCP, and DMZ ... > In a network, a DMZ is a middle ground between a trusted internal network and ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Communication Device Protocols from External router directthrough Firewall
    ... TACACS is not. ... will get to SSH in a second)? ... or ACS should be on a DMZ ... Im sorry but why would you even say this as encryption between the firewall ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)