Snort.

From: Sergio Focus (sfocus@tbanet.com.ar)
Date: 11/09/01

From: Sergio Focus <sfocus@tbanet.com.ar>
To: <security-basics@security-focus.com>
Subject: Snort.
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 11:14:36 -0300

Hi. I was reading about the advantage to use Snort whit other soft (like
mysql) to build a real IDS. I did download the latest stable Snort version,
whit all the libraries that require. I did make the whole process of
installation but something is wrong whit the libpcap***. I know I am doing
something wrong, but I can not find what. I apreciate any help you can give
me. Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Snort.
    ... Subject: Snort. ... Which version of libpcap are you using? ... I was reading about the advantage to use Snort whit other soft ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Snort.
    ... Check the SNORT FAQ at www.snort.org. ... It has many trouble-shooting steps ... that will help you resolve your issue. ... I was reading about the advantage to use Snort whit other soft (like ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Snort.
    ... Subject: Snort. ... RH you can install both from the rpm cd ... that will help you resolve your issue. ... I was reading about the advantage to use Snort whit other soft (like ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Snort.
    ... Subject: Snort. ... > whit all the libraries that require. ... operating system you're using. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Zonealarm
    ... When you download something from sourceforge.net and the md5 sum ... > backdoors so I put my faith into the people who write the code to do ... SNORT monitors the port as any other INET daemon would. ... I think its more of a security risk than a help because you ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)