Re: IPChains logs

From: dewt (dewt@kc.rr.com)
Date: 11/10/01

From: dewt <dewt@kc.rr.com>
To: "Tommy F." <tommy@security-protocols.com>, security-basics@securityfocus.com
Subject: Re: IPChains logs
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 19:51:34 -0600

On Thursday 08 November 2001 11:51 am, Tommy F. wrote:
> I am running IPChains with portsentry on mandrake 8.1 and I was trying
> to find the logs for IPChains? Where would these be stored? I have
> looked in /var/log but I am not seeing much. Thanks in advance.

ipchains wont log unless you tell it to on a per rule basis, and you're
prolly not logging. add a -l to your rules (that's a lowercase l)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IPTables Upgrade
    ... Subject: IPTables Upgrade ... I used to use pflap for ipchains. ... for my ipfilter logs. ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: IPChains logs
    ... >I am running IPChains with portsentry on mandrake 8.1 and I was trying ... >to find the logs for IPChains? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: IPChains logs
    ... Subject: IPChains logs ... > I am running IPChains with portsentry on mandrake 8.1 and I was ...
    (Security-Basics)