Re: Java Telnet ?????????

From: Bassam ALHUSSEIN (bhussein@scs-net.org)
Date: 11/01/01

From: "Bassam ALHUSSEIN" <bhussein@scs-net.org>
To: "Mark Ng" <markn@qpp.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Java Telnet ?????????
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 23:02:51 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Ng <markn@qpp.co.uk>
To: <limon@tuanis.elrioapts.com>; Bassam ALHUSSEIN <bhussein@scs-net.org>
Cc: <SECURITY-BASICS@securityfocus.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 12:29 PM

> In terms of java telnet, you may be out of luck. Since a java applet runs
> on your local machine, it makes the connection from your local machine,
> therefore you will be subject to the same restrictions afaik. Also, if
> you're restricted from those services, I would imagine there is probably a
> reason you are restricted ?

No Reasons... ALL users of my ISP have the same restrictions. I mean
thousands of people.
It's the strategy of that ISP : Services are just web browsing and mail.

> > > Hello friends .... I am new on the list.
> > > I am connected to the internet from behind a NAT. No ftp,
> > No telnet,
> > > ..nothing but http, https and mail services.
> > > I have no shell account on my isp's server. So I tried to
> > get a free shell
> > > account on the interent, but it's not available coz I can't
> > telnet... I just
> > > have got an idea and I don't know if this exists... :
> > > " Is there a free telnet service built totaly on java..so
> > it can be run on
> > > http's port (80, 8080 or whatever) to be connected to that
> > shell account
> > > ......."
> > >
> > > I don't even know if the question does have a sense !!!!
> > >
> > > If this exists do you know a domain that offer such a service ??
> > >
> > > propsitions are appreciated..

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Java Telnet ?????????
    ... In terms of java telnet, you may be out of luck. ... on your local machine, it makes the connection from your local machine, ... >> ..nothing but http, https and mail services. ... >> I have no shell account on my isp's server. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Help with cu and xinetd
    ... with a Java Telnet plugin and I'm just looking for a simple way to ... session to TCP port 3001 - 30016. ... session directly to the serial port. ... Even if you have to use a dial-up connection, ...
    (comp.os.linux)