Re: Strange email...

From: Tony Abedini (tabedini@yahoo.com)
Date: 10/22/01

Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:45:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tony Abedini <tabedini@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Strange email...
To: Fab Siciliano <fsiciliano@optiumcorp.com>, security-basics@securityfocus.com

It could've been spoofed by telnetting to port 25 of
the email server. It works both in UNIX and Windows!

--- Fab Siciliano <fsiciliano@optiumcorp.com> wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I just got a pretty weird email. No sender, No
> subject, dated Wed, Dec 31
> 18:59:59 1969.
>
> Someone found a relay i take it? Can you change the
> date field when sending
> through a mail relay?
>
> Thanks..
>
> -Fab
> --
> --
> Fab Siciliano
> Optium Corporation
> 215-712-6200 Ext.312
> fab@optiumcorp.com
> --

http://personals.yahoo.com

Relevant Pages

  • Help - remote access problem to Windows email server
    ... I'm a Mac guy trying to get a couple of iMacs (mine and my daughter's to ... remotely access her employer's Windows email server). ... are the instructions to set up a PC at home running Windows: ... When prompted for username and password enter your network information. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Email problem
    ... IMPORTANT thing is my email server is working fine, i use sendmail MTA and outlook MUA. ... To unsubscribe, ... Protect your identity with Yahoo! ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Open source mail server on windows, oh my...
    ... What I want is open source email server, ... linux grade. ... The thing is that I'd like it to run on windows. ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Open source mail server on windows, oh my...
    ... What I want is open source email server, ... linux grade. ... The thing is that I'd like it to run on windows. ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Open source mail server on windows, oh my...
    ... What I want is open source email server, ... linux grade. ... The thing is that I'd like it to run on windows. ...
    (comp.os.linux.questions)