Re: Good Idea?

From: Richard Garand (
Date: 10/20/01

From: Richard Garand <>
To: "Aaron Laudi" <>, "security-basics" <>
Subject: Re: Good Idea?
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 17:12:40 -0600

On October 17, 2001 11:40 am, Aaron Laudi wrote:
> Does this make sense to you guys? One of my users sent it to me. It sounds
> good in theory.
It will only stop cheap virii. SirCam, for example, would not be stopped
because it has it's own SMTP code. If you try sending a message to yourself
and that address and don't get it, then you can probably assume that anything
sending with VBScript will be stopped by it.

Richard Garand,
(L)ICQ: 12190132
Then: I have discovered a truly remarkable proof which this margin is too
small to contain.
Now: Microsoft has released an unremarkable product which your hard drive is
too small to contain.