Re: SSCP vs CISSP

From: Milk (in2mp3s@yahoo.com)
Date: 10/12/01

Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 08:52:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: Milk <in2mp3s@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: SSCP vs CISSP
To: Amit Gandre <agandre@cise.ufl.edu>, SECURITY-BASICS@SECURITYFOCUS.COM

I am currently studying for my sscp also.The
difference is the knowledge level and hands on level.
The sscp is designed for the person with about 1 yr
hands on experience and the cissp is for someone with
3 or more years adminstrative experience. If you go to
www.isc2.org they have a great selection of study
books they recommend. I have already read hacking
exposed 1 and 2, network intrusion detection by
stephen northcutt...but like i said they have a list
of books they advise to read.

--- Amit Gandre <agandre@cise.ufl.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can someone tell me why one should consider
> SSCP/CISSP to the
> other? How can they be compared with the SANS
> certification?
>
> Also, I would like to know good books for SSCP
> and CISSP. I am
> primarily concerend with SSCP.
>

> Thanks
>
> Amit

=====
Nothing is too small to know, and nothing too big to attempt.
-William Van Home

http://personals.yahoo.com