how many ports is Terminal service using?

From: Liu Wen (ragent@gnuchina.org)
Date: 10/12/01

Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:48:48 +0800
From: Liu Wen <ragent@gnuchina.org>
To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
Subject: how many ports is Terminal service using?

I use VPN to connect to a box running Windows XP on another network,
The service there is no problem,but I just cannot connect. I guess there
is a firewall on either my side or the other side. I want to try
changing the port it is using. But how? modifying the registry? But is
3389 the only port TS uses? not any other incoming ports?

Thank you.

Cheers
Liu

Relevant Pages

  • Problem with out going TCP/IP connections - XP Professional
    ... I have a home LAN with two PC's connected, one a desktop running Windows XP ... If I look at the TCP ports using netstat -a -o, ... I have no firewall installed, I have the network card firewall disabled. ... model for local accounts is set to classic in the Local Security Settings. ...
  • Problem with out going TCP/IP connections - XP Professional
    ... >Professional and the other a ThinkPad running Windows ... >files and network attach resources from either (I have ... If I look at the TCP ports ... >model for local accounts is set to classic in the Local ...
  • Re: remote desktop ports
    ... I have to reach it via remote desktop (formerly terminal service) ... I imagine ... Do not open these ports on your ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: 2 pc network - cant see host files from pc 2 on pc 1
    ... Assuming that you have firewall protection via your internet router try ... workgroup because it will be needed for the network to work correctly. ... see if you can access TCP ports 139 and 445 on computer one of which at ... permissions. ...
  • Re: PC Tools Firewall Question
    ... So, it's to be assumed that the two machines that are connected to your router, the LAN or Local Area Network, are never to share resources or network between the two, which are the ports you're blocking below with the PFW. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)