Re: IP/Website restriction

From: Jewell, Jennifer (
Date: 10/09/01

From: "Jewell, Jennifer" <>
Subject: Re: IP/Website restriction
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 11:57:27 -0500

If you company does business world wide, one way around web filtering
products is to go to a web site that translates to other languages. Most
commercial filter block these sites, however since my company does business
world-wide we have to unblock them. If you put the URL in to translator it
will take you to the site and the filters never see it. That's why we watch
our logs and know who should be using translators.

Jennifer Jewell
Information Security Administrator

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Man gets nine years for spamming
    ... >>1) SPAM is not a SECURITY issue. ... >>business model as you. ... You may be able to block countries, ... blanket IP block filtering. ...
  • RE: Web filters - Effects on Productivity
    ... plenty of ways to waste time without the internet. ... I drink coffee. ... exactly the logic used to sell internet filtering software. ... I'm currently researching web filtering. ...
  • RE: Good software against spam
    ... No problem...I've gotten "beat up" enough from the Partners in the ... organization who are complaining about filtering at the gateway. ... They see those kinds of communication as business critical. ... Subject: Good software against spam ...
  • Re: DotNet transition affecting business operations
    ... The principle reason is to move with changing technologies especially XML ... business, and those who don't go out of business. ... I know Visual Studio and most Enterprise level products have, ... I also know that nothing ever translates easily. ...
  • Re: Bystander shot by a spam filter.
    ... > my face, but to business associate. ... > bad advice is being mass marketed through the good offices of FreeBSD, ... > product) are mislead about the probably of filtering the wrong mail. ... or spambouncer is eating my ...