Re: Directory Security

From: Dustin Puryear (
Date: 10/01/01

Subject: Re: Directory Security
From: Dustin Puryear <>
To: Nicholas & Anthony McKenzie <>
Date: 01 Oct 2001 11:19:03 -0500

On Thu, 2001-09-27 at 21:51, Nicholas & Anthony McKenzie wrote:
> Situation: Direcotrs, CEO, and General Managers dont want people accessing
> files within their own personal home directories that contain confidential
> material such as staff salaries, budgets, pay reivews etc.
> Is it possible to (once created) NOT to allow administrative access or
> access to any group of admins to a home directory of a CEO/Director etc that
> contains such classified information? ie put a block on all people except
> the owner.

Remove the Administrators group from the access control list.
Unfortunately, I believe that the administrators can still use Take
Ownership, but then the original owner would know that something had

Regards, Dustin

Dustin Puryear <>
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams