Re: Directory Security

From: Dustin Puryear (dpuryear@usa.net)
Date: 10/01/01

Subject: Re: Directory Security
From: Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@usa.net>
To: Nicholas & Anthony McKenzie <themac@iinet.net.au>
Date: 01 Oct 2001 11:19:03 -0500

On Thu, 2001-09-27 at 21:51, Nicholas & Anthony McKenzie wrote:
> Situation: Direcotrs, CEO, and General Managers dont want people accessing
> files within their own personal home directories that contain confidential
> material such as staff salaries, budgets, pay reivews etc.
>
> Is it possible to (once created) NOT to allow administrative access or
> access to any group of admins to a home directory of a CEO/Director etc that
> contains such classified information? ie put a block on all people except
> the owner.

Remove the Administrators group from the access control list.
Unfortunately, I believe that the administrators can still use Take
Ownership, but then the original owner would know that something had
happened.

Regards, Dustin

--
Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@usa.net>
http://members.telocity.com/~dpuryear

Relevant Pages

  • Re: administrator on box also on domain?
    ... > administrators group at the PC then it shows something like: ... > domain_name\Domain Admins ... so we add the user to the local Administrators ...
  • Re: User rights
    ... This issue is with SBS automatically pulling the local user account into ... Will it still migrate that user up to SBS? ... are automatically Sharepoint Administrators. ... > to remove the Power Users group from the Sharepoint Administrators group. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Odd behaviour with user accounts (accounts "hidden")
    ... installation), dad and kids. ... "Administrators" group. ... As soon as I remove "kids" from the administrators group the account ...
  • Re: Confused
    ... Administrators group so they are administrators of the child domain, ... By default the Domain Admins of a domain are member of the ...
  • Re: What are the necessary rights to install SQL Server?
    ... You need full administrator rights to install SQL server. ... > indirect membership of the local Administrators group, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)