RE: qmail

From: Jason Casey (jason.casey@consystant.com)
Date: 09/27/01

Subject: RE: qmail
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:18:09 -0700
From: "Jason Casey" <jason.casey@consystant.com>
To: "Baba Bogdan" <mayday@stormbringer.cadcluj.com>

Here is a document I found while looking for information on this.. the
way our firewall was setup(outside company) it was made that it could be
as a relay.. I was rather upset coming in to work one morning.. I've
used qmail for a few years and even help an ISP with an install.. if you
need further help/questions please feel free to contact me off list..

http://www.palomine.net/qmail/relaying.html

--
-Jason
Systems Administrator

-----Original Message----- From: Baba Bogdan [mailto:mayday@stormbringer.cadcluj.com] Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 2:39 PM To: SECURITY-BASICS@securityfocus.com Subject: qmail

Hi people First excuse my english. I just installed qmail 1.03 with daemontools and ucspi-tcpd and all the stuff that you need for an medium tipe ISP .

Haw do i know If after all the setups my server alows relay/spam. I know the mail.abuse.net relay check doesn`t work with qmail, there is oather way of checking if the host alows relay/spam

Bogdan Baba

Relevant Pages

  • QMail Question
    ... I've removed sendmail and installed qmail. ... Set up qmail-smtpd in /etc/inetd.conf: ... If i start qmail in start script from inet.d directory for example or by service qmail start it works fine. ... Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: qmail
    ... > I just installed qmail 1.03 with daemontools and ucspi-tcpd and all the ... By default Qmail won't allow relaying. ... module Net::SMTP) personally email me your mail server name and I'll run ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: qmail
    ... > I just installed qmail 1.03 with daemontools and ucspi-tcpd and all the ... open relay. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • FW: qmail
    ... used qmail for a few years and even help an ISP with an install.. ... I just installed qmail 1.03 with daemontools and ucspi-tcpd and all the ... stuff that you need for an medium tipe ISP. ... oather way of checking if the host alows relay/spam ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: qmail
    ... > Subject: qmail ... > stuff that you need for an medium tipe ISP. ... > oather way of checking if the host alows relay/spam ... ok by default qmail only will relay mail for localhost. ...
    (Security-Basics)