Re: qmail

From: teo@gecadsoftware.com
Date: 09/27/01

Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:33:12 +0300
From: teo@gecadsoftware.com
To: <SECURITY-BASICS@securityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: qmail

Hi Baba!
On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Baba Bogdan wrote:

> Hi people
> First excuse my english.
> I just installed qmail 1.03 with daemontools and ucspi-tcpd and all the
> stuff that you need for an medium tipe ISP .
>
> Haw do i know If after all the setups my server alows relay/spam.
> I know the mail.abuse.net relay check doesn`t work with qmail, there is
> oather way of checking if the host alows relay/spam

If you followed every word from the installed instructions, then it's not an
open relay.

i.e. you have only 127.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="" in your /etc/tcp.smtp file.
or/and other legitimate IP addresses.

ciao

-- teodor

Relevant Pages

  • QMail Question
    ... I've removed sendmail and installed qmail. ... Set up qmail-smtpd in /etc/inetd.conf: ... If i start qmail in start script from inet.d directory for example or by service qmail start it works fine. ... Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts! ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: qmail
    ... > I just installed qmail 1.03 with daemontools and ucspi-tcpd and all the ... By default Qmail won't allow relaying. ... module Net::SMTP) personally email me your mail server name and I'll run ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • FW: qmail
    ... used qmail for a few years and even help an ISP with an install.. ... I just installed qmail 1.03 with daemontools and ucspi-tcpd and all the ... stuff that you need for an medium tipe ISP. ... oather way of checking if the host alows relay/spam ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • QMAIL for AIX
    ... For the inherent bugs and complexity with sendmail, I am considering QMAIL ... for my AIX servers. ... Has anyone installed QMAIL on AIX, I tried compiling ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: [SLE] posftix - open relay?
    ... > Postfix cannot be configured as an open relay. ... Well, that was qmail, and the problem is qmail does ... I have had people test our qmail MTA repeatedly also. ...
    (SuSE)