FW: qmail

From: Jason Casey (jason.casey@consystant.com)
Date: 09/27/01

Subject: FW: qmail
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:42:34 -0700
From: "Jason Casey" <jason.casey@consystant.com>
To: <mayday@stormbringer.cadcluj.com>

Here is a document I found while looking for information on this.. the
way our firewall was setup(outside company) it was made that it could be
as a relay.. I was rather upset coming in to work one morning.. I've
used qmail for a few years and even help an ISP with an install.. if you
need further help/questions please feel free to contact me off list..

http://www.palomine.net/qmail/relaying.html

--
-Jason
Systems Administrator

-----Original Message----- From: Baba Bogdan [mailto:mayday@stormbringer.cadcluj.com] Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 2:39 PM To: SECURITY-BASICS@securityfocus.com Subject: qmail

Hi people First excuse my english. I just installed qmail 1.03 with daemontools and ucspi-tcpd and all the stuff that you need for an medium tipe ISP .

Haw do i know If after all the setups my server alows relay/spam. I know the mail.abuse.net relay check doesn`t work with qmail, there is oather way of checking if the host alows relay/spam

Bogdan Baba