Re: Locating devices on a network

From: Kath (kath@kathweb.net)
Date: 09/24/01

From: "Kath" <kath@kathweb.net>
To: "News" <news@gep.pt>, <SECURITY-BASICS@securityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: Locating devices on a network
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 06:47:22 -0400

MAC addresses is the only other kind of address and that is only used in
layer 2 switching (Switches and such) and as an absolute ID for something on
a network (comes in handy in finding out who stole your static IP).

ARP tables record MACs, put only as MAC addresses vs their corresponding IP
addresses, IIRC from Crisco class.

- k