Re: Virus to Virus Idea

From: freehold@erols.com
Date: 08/30/01

Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:32:53 -0400
From: freehold@erols.com
To: sarisocks@visto.com
Subject: Re: Virus to Virus Idea

Uh-uh.

Old idea (aka 'the road to hell') periodically resurrected and
occasionally equated to the 'mandatory update'; said idea almost
uniformly phhhbbbt'd each time no matter the good intentions or guise
under which it travels.

Think of it this way: one man's trash is another man's treasure. All
you're proposing is just another kind of virus - just because YOU think
it does something "good" doesn't mean that *I* think the same way.

There's not much of a line between a 'good virus' and a 'bad virus';
even if that virus destroys your OS, if that's what I wrote it to do and
that's what I set out to do, then I can easily call it 'a good one'.
And who decides what constitutes 'good' and 'bad'? (LOL, see: camel's
nose|under the tent|Net Police)

The whole idea of someone else deciding what kind of software I should
use is, um, well, an abomination. Give me rules to live by so we can
nominally get along, sure enough -- but your right to swing your fist
ends where my nose begins...or at my firewall. :)

All JMO.

Missy

Relevant Pages

  • Dustin Cook flunks Rolling Stone interview...as he has everything else
    ... Dusbin Cook aka Raid aka Duckfart doesn't come off too good here. ... Even his virus writing buddies aren't too thrilled with this vicious ... In other posts he also revels in what he thinks toadie is doing. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Different antivirus software give different results with same suspect files
    ... as "yes this is a virus". ... I'm using Avast 4.7, Norton Corporate Antivirus, Solo Antivirus, AVG. ... vendor has their own detection and analysis lab, ... would you lose faith in John aka Red aka Jalopy aka Ian to ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • RE: Virus to Virus Idea
    ... Subject: Virus to Virus Idea ... >Old idea (aka 'the road to hell') periodically resurrected and ... >occasionally equated to the 'mandatory update'; ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Is there a VIRUS in jdbgmgr.exe ??
    ... It is not a virus, although the doggone thing seems to ... aka 'Teddy Bear Virus' in Yahoo seach and got 18000 hits. ... >>You do have antivirus software dont you! ...
  • Re: WARING GREEN AV VIRUS
    ... if anyone knows I sure as hell would like to hear from You. ... Yes I had virus protection installed when I bought it+ fire wall all ... I recommend  Webroot Spysweeper with Antivirus. ... antivirus software is good. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)