RE: online IDS

From: Vijay Gawde (vgawde@riyadbank.com.sa)
Date: 08/27/01

From: Vijay Gawde <vgawde@riyadbank.com.sa>
To: "'Kumar, Nitin'" <nitin.kumar@digital.com>, Security-basics@securityfocus.com
Subject: RE: online IDS
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:38:18 +0300

visit www.iss.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Kumar, Nitin [mailto:nitin.kumar@digital.com]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 7:15 AM
To: Security-basics@securityfocus.com
Subject: online IDS

Hi,
Can anyone tell me about online IDs and how these work?Are there any
commercial products available and how do these distinguish between false
positives and false negatives.

Regards
nitin

* The information transmitted in this e-Mail, and any files transmitted *
* with it, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the *
* individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, *
* dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this *
* information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) *
* is prohibited. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of *
* the author, and do not necessarily represent those of Riyad Bank. If *
* you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and *
* the system manager at postmaster@RiyadBank.com.sa and delete the material *
* from your computer. *
* *
* This footnote confirms that this message and any associated attachments *
* have been scanned for content security and the presence *
* of computer viruses. *

  • online IDS
    ... Can anyone tell me about online IDs and how these work?Are there any ... commercial products available and how do these distinguish between false ... positives and false negatives. ... Regards ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: online IDS
    ... Subject: online IDS ... here is a good buyer's guide from ISS that has a lot of information ... positives and false negatives. ...
    (Security-Basics)