RE: Possible security problem??

From: Malcolm Topperwien (malcolmt@rcstech.com.au)
Date: 08/20/01

From: Malcolm Topperwien <malcolmt@rcstech.com.au>
To: "'Stuart_Luscombe@computacenter.com'" <Stuart_Luscombe@computacenter.com>, security-basics@securityfocus.com
Subject: RE: Possible security problem??
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:20:57 +0800

Hi there.

I was speaking to another consultant the other day in regards to this issue.
It seems that the IP of the Alcatel DSL Modem (If it's the same as the ones
here in Australia, Alcatel Home ADSL Modem) has a Web Service on it.

I belive that the IP was something in the 10.x.x.x range possibly 10.0.0.39
?

The other consultant told me that it was a monitoring interface and was only
useful to monitor status of the link and possibly a few oher things about
the modem. I have not investigated this further.

Malcolm