Re: Newbie Questions

From: George (search-research@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 08/15/01

Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 14:39:17 -0700
From: George <search-research@worldnet.att.net>
To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Newbie Questions

Jonas Luster wrote:

> * Pete Sherwood sez:
>
> : Visit http://grc.com and run the firewall test.
> : It will tell you what it sees from the internet.
> : Quick, simple and revealing.
>
> Before (or after) that, visit http://www.grcsucks.com and see what this
> test really reveals.

This reminds me of any court case where "experts" appear for each side.
Both sides can find an expert to confirm their point of view, which
boils down to the fact that experts aren't really expert, since two
opposites cannot be equal. I'm biased, since Gibson introduced me to
computer security, and it's hard to believe nothing at his site is worth
reading, as grcsucks seems to think, and given the tone of the rants
there, it seems someone is mad over something other than truth. Do you
know what that something is?

Who knows?

George

Relevant Pages