Re: Second wave of the Code Red Worm

From: Vadim Berezniker (vadim@berezniker.com)
Date: 08/11/01

Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 13:52:22 -0400
From: Vadim Berezniker <vadim@berezniker.com>
To: devdas@worldgatein.net
Subject: Re: Second wave of the Code Red Worm

Devdas Bhagat wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Aug 2001, Nico Kruger spewed into the ether:
>
>>the code red worm just strikes at vunrable IIS servers yes??? IIS is not
>>the only web server out there eg the Apache server for windows ???? costs
>>less (if anything) and is not a target to anti MS ppl?
>>
> But apache is harder to break than IIS. The unix background at work ;).
> If I could get a decent free ASP support implementation for Apache (I
> know about Apache::ASP and it didn't fit my needs last I saw), I could
> ditch that one IIS machine I'm running.
>
> BTW, nice sarcasm. Well put.
>
> Devdas Bhagat
> --
> Things will get better despite our efforts to improve them.
> -- Will Rogers

Have you looked at "Sun Chili!Soft ASP"?
http://www.chiliasp.com

--
AIM: Kryptolus
BrainLINK Web Development Team       [http://www.brainlink.com]

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Second wave of the Code Red Worm
    ... Second wave of the Code Red Worm ... > the code red worm just strikes at vunrable IIS servers yes??? ... > the only web server out there eg the Apache server for windows ... But apache is harder to break than IIS. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: NT/2000 vs Unix based Web Servers
    ... the choice of web server platform borders on religious hysteria. ... In the case of IIS vs. ... Apache, which is the most common comparison made, each one has a lot to ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Apache vs IIS
    ... Windows Server not on my Linux Server so there for I would chose IIS. ... Not that Apache is bad but ASP.NET is far easier and faster to create good web forms in. ... PHP on a IIS server is rather easy to run once you install PHP on a PC but if you only use PHP why not use Apache for Windows. ...
    (alt.php)
  • RE: NT/2000 vs Unix based Web Servers
    ... >> database that can be accessed via ADO and/or ODBC. ... Apache can do the same thing, ... > bad driver Windows crashes or IIS freezes. ... >> lot of support resources which are all easy to find and in a central ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Apache vs IIS
    ... Windows Server not on my Linux Server so there for I would chose ... Not that Apache is bad but ASP.NET is far easier and faster to ... IIS is designed for ASP, ... Apache running on a Linux server. ...
    (alt.php)