RE: Second wave of the Code Red Worm

From: Devdas Bhagat (devdas@worldgatein.net)
Date: 08/09/01

From: Devdas Bhagat <devdas@worldgatein.net>
To: Nico Kruger <nico@obsidian.co.za>
Subject: RE: Second wave of the Code Red Worm
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 22:45:11 +0530

On Wed, 08 Aug 2001, Nico Kruger spewed into the ether:
> the code red worm just strikes at vunrable IIS servers yes??? IIS is not
> the only web server out there eg the Apache server for windows ???? costs
> less (if anything) and is not a target to anti MS ppl?
But apache is harder to break than IIS. The unix background at work ;).
If I could get a decent free ASP support implementation for Apache (I
know about Apache::ASP and it didn't fit my needs last I saw), I could
ditch that one IIS machine I'm running.

BTW, nice sarcasm. Well put.

Devdas Bhagat

--
Things will get better despite our efforts to improve them.
		-- Will Rogers