RE: Second wave of the Code Red Worm

From: Devdas Bhagat (devdas@worldgatein.net)
Date: 08/09/01

From: Devdas Bhagat <devdas@worldgatein.net>
To: Nico Kruger <nico@obsidian.co.za>
Subject: RE: Second wave of the Code Red Worm
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 22:45:11 +0530

On Wed, 08 Aug 2001, Nico Kruger spewed into the ether:
> the code red worm just strikes at vunrable IIS servers yes??? IIS is not
> the only web server out there eg the Apache server for windows ???? costs
> less (if anything) and is not a target to anti MS ppl?
But apache is harder to break than IIS. The unix background at work ;).
If I could get a decent free ASP support implementation for Apache (I
know about Apache::ASP and it didn't fit my needs last I saw), I could
ditch that one IIS machine I'm running.

BTW, nice sarcasm. Well put.

Devdas Bhagat

--
Things will get better despite our efforts to improve them.
		-- Will Rogers

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Apache vs IIS
    ... Windows Server not on my Linux Server so there for I would chose IIS. ... Not that Apache is bad but ASP.NET is far easier and faster to create good web forms in. ... PHP on a IIS server is rather easy to run once you install PHP on a PC but if you only use PHP why not use Apache for Windows. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Apache vs IIS
    ... Windows Server not on my Linux Server so there for I would chose ... Not that Apache is bad but ASP.NET is far easier and faster to ... IIS is designed for ASP, ... Apache running on a Linux server. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Apache vs IIS
    ... my Windows Server not on my Linux Server so there for I would ... IIS is designed for ASP, ... can run asp on Apache, ... in running php from IIS vs Apache. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Apache vs IIS
    ... my Windows Server not on my Linux Server so there for I would chose IIS. ... Not that Apache is bad but ASP.NET is far easier and faster to create good web forms in. ... IIS is designed for ASP, ... PHP on a IIS server is rather easy to run once you install PHP on a PC but if you only use PHP why not use Apache for Windows. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Apache vs IIS
    ... on my Windows Server not on my Linux Server so there for I ... IIS is designed for ASP, ... you can run asp on Apache, ... PHP on a IIS server is rather easy to run once you install PHP on ...
    (alt.php)