RE: Code Red patch issue?

From: Nina Levitin (NVL@integtech.com)
Date: 08/08/01

From: Nina Levitin <NVL@integtech.com>
To: 'Cynthia Thorpe' <cthorpe07@hotmail.com>, SECURITY-BASICS@securityfocus.com
Subject: RE: Code Red patch issue?
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 12:03:54 -0700

Ok. First off it is very very important that you check to make sure that
EVERY patch that you install is terminal server specific. If this is not
the case then you can end up seriously screwing up your Citrix server.

There is an article in the Citrix knowledge base that tells you how to tell
if the patch is terminal server OK.

Further more, unless you have IIS components on your exchange/Citrix box you
should not need to install the patch.

If you do have IIS components, make sure that you disable indexing services
and delete the .ida files. You can look in the back issues of the list for
further information on how to do this manually.

Good Luck

For the record, considering how Citrix operates and how exchange operates a
combination of the two server is about the worst thing you can get. You
would be better off making the Citrix server a file and printer server and
running the exchange server on another machine.

-Kit