RE: Code Red patch issue?

From: Mark L. Jackson (mark_l_jackson@iname.com)
Date: 08/09/01

From: "Mark L. Jackson" <mark_l_jackson@iname.com>
To: "Cynthia Thorpe" <cthorpe07@hotmail.com>, <SECURITY-BASICS@securityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: Code Red patch issue?
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 00:54:56 -0700

> at the moment. The Code Red patch fails to install - stating that
> it can't
> install on a Terminal Server PC. Does anyone have any ideas on how to
> safeguard this server from the virus?

Are you installing the patch for standard server or for terminal server? My
guess is you downloaded the standard server edition. I could not find a TS
version. This would lead me to believe that Terminal Server may have a
patched version already. I would email MS and ask.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Code Red patch issue?
    ... Subject: Code Red patch issue? ... EVERY patch that you install is terminal server specific. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Code Red patch issue? Terminal Server patch
    ... Subject: Code Red patch issue? ... SP4, and Citrix Terminal Server running on the ... The Code Red patch fails to install - stating that it can't ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Code Red patch issue?
    ... Subject: Code Red patch issue? ... its the fault of Microsoft's business model and ... The Code Red patch fails to install - stating that it ... >> install on a Terminal Server PC. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Code Red patch issue?
    ... and Citrix Terminal Server running on the ... The Code Red patch fails to install - stating that it can't ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Installing SMS 2.0 on a 2003 Server
    ... I am unsure about what you are talking about when you say "Remote ... Terminal Services (Heck if we insist that is it installed, ... "Roger Crawford" wrote in message ... Then it gives me the error> that it has detected that Terminal Server is running and this needs to be in> intsall mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.setup)