Re: Code Red patch issue?

From: Gaby Hornik (hornik@mail.enlog-ag.com)
Date: 08/09/01

Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 08:57:30 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Gaby Hornik <hornik@mail.enlog-ag.com>
To: Cynthia Thorpe <cthorpe07@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Code Red patch issue?

Hello!

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Cynthia Thorpe wrote:
> I'm new to the list - and have an issue that I'm hoping someone can
> assist with. My company is small - and has combined a number of applications
> on just a few servers. We have Exchange 5.5 (running Outlook web access)
> SP4, and Citrix Terminal Server (NT SP4 for Terminal Server) running on the
> same box. Yes, I know that this isn't great - but it's how they have to run
> at the moment. The Code Red patch fails to install - stating that it can't
> install on a Terminal Server PC. Does anyone have any ideas on how to
> safeguard this server from the virus?

Seems to be the same thing that the installation of Office
cannot run if Terminal Services are installed. :-))
Our Windows Administrator had a good idea: uninstall
Terminal Services, install Office, then install Terminal
Services. *giggle*

Thank God, I am the unix admin of our company. :-)))

Bye, Gaby

--
enlog AG			Daimlerstr. 15 - 89079 Ulm
Dipl. Inf. Gaby Hornik		Germany

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Using remote desktop and terminal services
    ... workstations, will I need to upgrade to XP Pro to get the Remote Desktop ... But am confused about the Terminal Services ... Licensing Server TS Cals. ... you must install Terminal Services *before* you ...
  • Re: newbie question about terminal server
    ... Before you go ahead and install Terminal Services, ... trivial to install and manage applications and printers in a TS ... server will not work correctly in a multi-user environment. ...
  • Re: Symantec System Center
    ... Yes this product is supported in a server environment. ... I am trying to install the SSC included with my ... >>> Symantec System Center installation on server operating systems ... Terminal Services' options are all ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Using remote desktop and terminal services
    ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... You just install both from Control Panel - Add/Remove ... When you install Terminal Services on a 2003 server, ... the TS *must* be able to contact a TS Licensing ...
  • Re: terminal server on windows 2000 allows only 2 sessions
    ... the choice between Remote Administration and Application Server ... go to Terminal Services Configuration - Server Settings - Licensing ... However, when you install in Application Server mode, you need to ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.apps)