Re: Code Red... Filter?

From: Bruce Kingsbury (zcat@paradise.net.nz)
Date: 08/08/01

Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 20:25:29 +1200 (NZST)
From: Bruce Kingsbury <zcat@paradise.net.nz>
To: Ric Pa <sys_failer@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Code Red... Filter?

> Was wondering if ISP's could filter out the Code Red traffic?....
> Like.. deny certain request strings.... GET /default.ida?XX...

> I tried contacting my ISP.. and asking.. but they are no help..

I know of one ISP for sure who does. They have a transparent proxy that
catches (and caches) traffic in both directions. Incoming "default.ida"
requests are dropped, for outgoing ones the customer is disconnected and
gets a phone call soon after.

If a few more ISP's did this, we'd all be much happier..

--
A few years ago, Friday, October 14 was World Standards Day. Or, at least,
it was World Standards Day in *some* countries. However, in America, the

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Fernandos massive sig(now off-topic but in-thread)
    ... Standardize on this format for sigs! ... Makes it easier to create a filter to strip it out of text mail... ... people thumbing their noses at "standards" and a simple filter could be ... We should legalize spam for the ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Trend Airshield Respirator?
    ... the money? ... the firm has never had it certified to US or ISO standards. ... The British ... You should be aware that the filter only ...
    (rec.crafts.woodturning)
  • Re: Fernandos massive sig(now off-topic but in-thread)
    ... Makes it easier to create a filter to strip it out of text mail... ... people thumbing their noses at "standards" and a simple filter could be ... formatting and manipulating information to suit my personal style on the ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Port 135 Probes Continue
    ... I'm one who also doesn't believe the ISP ... should decide what ports to filter. ... linux intrusions vs. windows intrusions and factor in windows being on ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)