Re: Code Red... Filter?

From: Bruce Kingsbury (zcat@paradise.net.nz)
Date: 08/08/01

Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 20:25:29 +1200 (NZST)
From: Bruce Kingsbury <zcat@paradise.net.nz>
To: Ric Pa <sys_failer@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Code Red... Filter?

> Was wondering if ISP's could filter out the Code Red traffic?....
> Like.. deny certain request strings.... GET /default.ida?XX...

> I tried contacting my ISP.. and asking.. but they are no help..

I know of one ISP for sure who does. They have a transparent proxy that
catches (and caches) traffic in both directions. Incoming "default.ida"
requests are dropped, for outgoing ones the customer is disconnected and
gets a phone call soon after.

If a few more ISP's did this, we'd all be much happier..

--
A few years ago, Friday, October 14 was World Standards Day. Or, at least,
it was World Standards Day in *some* countries. However, in America, the