Code Red patch issue?

From: Cynthia Thorpe (cthorpe07@hotmail.com)
Date: 08/07/01

From: "Cynthia Thorpe" <cthorpe07@hotmail.com>
To: SECURITY-BASICS@securityfocus.com
Subject: Code Red patch issue?
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 10:22:28 -0400

Hi,
     I'm new to the list - and have an issue that I'm hoping someone can
assist with. My company is small - and has combined a number of applications
on just a few servers. We have Exchange 5.5 (running Outlook web access)
SP4, and Citrix Terminal Server (NT SP4 for Terminal Server) running on the
same box. Yes, I know that this isn't great - but it's how they have to run
at the moment. The Code Red patch fails to install - stating that it can't
install on a Terminal Server PC. Does anyone have any ideas on how to
safeguard this server from the virus?

Thanks,

Cynthia

  • Re: Terminal Server with SBS 2K3
    ... when a normal user logs on the terminal server ... have enough permission to install and uninstall printer drivers. ... If the printer driver for Windows 2003 server is not ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Changing from App mode to Remote Admin mode via registry
    ... applications on the terminal server. ... Remote admin mode is simply activated by going ... Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... We'd like to do this because our application doesn't install right now in ...
  • Re: Changing from App mode to Remote Admin mode via registry
    ... You can detect if your application is running in a remote ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... Remote Administration mode for a Win2K3 terminal server without ... users not to install from a remote session? ...
  • RE: Code Red patch issue?
    ... Subject: Code Red patch issue? ... EVERY patch that you install is terminal server specific. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Terminal Server with SBS 2K3
    ... please make sure the Fax service is installed on the TS server. ... you can try the steps below to install Shared Fax Client: ... |> Terminal server also, Please make sure that you have configured ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)