RE: Code Red WormFrom: Ralph Gervolino (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Previous message: Sean Waddell: "Re: Windows 2000"
- Maybe in reply to: Gregory_DeGennaro@csaa.com: "Code Red Worm"
- Next in thread: Bruce Kingsbury: "Re: Code Red Worm"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
Subject: RE: Code Red Worm Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 16:42:53 -0400 Message-ID: <633CCF78073BD8448D2632230058429CAEC464@ex0.hq.3wcorp.com> From: "Ralph Gervolino" <email@example.com> To: <Gregory_DeGennaro@csaa.com>, <SECURITY-BASICS@securityfocus.com>
Here are the number of hits off are web server running apache
[Mon Aug 6 00:18:16 2001] [error] [client 220.127.116.11] File does not
grep 'default.ida' /hsphere/local/var/httpd/logs/error_log |wc -l
(306) hits by the code red worm in 22 hours!
306 / 3 (the average amount of scans before moving on) = 102 servers and
workstations world wide.
Incidentally, I do not have web services running and this is a *nix
Nice going novice users and system administrators for the lack of
and patching your systems.
What are we going to do about these people?